Yosef is a partner in our Business Law Group whose practice focuses on working with the law to help his clients achieve their business goals. He collaborates with businesses, owner operators, executives, management, entrepreneurs, and start-ups to solve problems in various stages of their growth process.
Yosef frequently navigates mergers and acquisitions to successful conclusion, maximizing the positive effect of corporate organizations, arranging equity and debt financing, advising on shareholder disputes, and structuring and negotiating business transactions.
Providing counsel for purchasers and vendors in local, national, and international mergers and acquisitions is a large part of Yosef’s practice. Yosef excels in advising businesses and private equity firms on how to acquire or divest businesses in the most effective manner. In this capacity, Yosef uses his legal and business experience to draft and negotiate terms of agreement and deal structures. He enables succession plans and assists potential target companies to organize and market themselves for acquisition.
Key to Yosef’s personality is his ability to bring groups together, be it businesses for acquisition, legal teams from different practice areas, or service providers from various industries. Clients value the human side of the transaction that Yosef brings to the table. Team members rely upon Yosef to help them succeed and achieve their business objectives. Most importantly, he is able to anticipate obstacles to success and devise plans to successfully overcome them.
Yosef loves the Montreal Canadiens and although he realizes he will never play professional hockey in the NHL he does the next best thing, floor hockey.
Here is what clients are saying about Yosef:
- "Yosef is my go to guy. He gets it.”
- CEO North American Mid-Market company
- “I love working with Yosef. He treats me as his most important client and takes personal care of me.”
– Owner / Operator of a Family Business
- “Yosef understands my business and provides me great legal advice to fit my business needs.”
– Head of a Toronto-based Real Estate Acquisition / Investment Company
- “Watching Yosef negotiate and represent me was like watching Harvey Specter from Suits. We achieved great results”
- Founder of a Tech Start-Up