Sasha is an Associate in our Business Law Group. Sasha’s work focuses on providing her clients from across various industries with advice on all aspects of corporate law, including securities, mergers and acquisitions, lending, transactional and regulatory compliance issues, corporate reorganizations, and general corporate matters, including various corporate governance issues.
Sasha holds a JD from the University of Ottawa, where she co-founded the uOttawa Chapter of the Women’s Legal Mentorship Program (WLMP). In 2016, Sasha received the WLMP Emerging Legal Leader Award for her ongoing dedication to upholding WLMP mentorship principles and her dedication to the retention of women in the law. Currently, Sasha sits on the board of directors of Young Women in Law and also holds the officer positions of Secretary and Treasurer.
Prior to law school, Sasha obtained her B.A. from Bryn Mawr College, where she played NCAA volleyball and soccer. Away from the office, Sasha continues to enjoy playing volleyball and pursuing her goal of visiting all Major League Baseball parks.
Recent Securities Transactions
- Underwriters: Advised Paradigm Capital Inc., Haywood Securities Inc., Gravitas Securities Inc., and Echelon Wealth Partners (the “Underwriters”) in an $11.7 million bought deal financing where AcuityAds Holdings Inc., a technology leader that enables advertisers to connect intelligently with audiences across video, mobile, social, and online display advertising, acquired Boston-based Visible Measures Corp.
- Underwriters: Advised a syndicate of underwriters on a bought deal of ordinary common shares and common shares issued on a “flow-through” basis for Denison Mines Corp. (TSX: DML)(NYSE MKT: DNN), a leading uranium exploration and development company, with total gross proceeds of CAD$20,000,290.
- Assure Holdings, Inc.: Advised Assure Holdings, Inc. in the issuance of 6,392,060 subscription receipts for gross proceeds of CAD$3,196,030. Assure Holdings, Inc. is a privately held Colorado company that works with neuro-surgeons to provide a turnkey suite of services that support intraoperative neuro-monitoring activities during invasive surgeries.
- Underwriters: Advised a syndicate of underwriters on a bought deal private placement of AcuityAds Holdings Inc. (TSXV: AT), a technology leader that provides targeted digital media solutions enabling advertisers to connect intelligently with audiences across video, mobile, social, and online display advertising.
- Mackie Research Capital Corporation: Advised Mackie Research Capital Corporation with respect to the C$6.9 million best efforts short-form prospectus offering of Eguana Technologies Inc. (TSXV: EGT), a leading supplier of power control solutions for residential and commercial energy storage systems.