Minden Gross LLP is a well-respected mid-size law firm. We are large enough to offer firm members all the support, training, and services provided by the larger firms while at the same time providing a warm and congenial working environment.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
We have an opening for a Tax Legal Assistant, with 2-3 years’ experience, for a 13-month contract role.
Summary of Duties:
As a Tax Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties within the tax and corporate sphere, supporting 2 Partners, 1 Associate, and the team. The successful candidate must have experience in a wide range of legal concepts and procedures and broad, but thorough, knowledge of basic legal principals. Must have exceptional commitment to internal/external client service.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Performance of full clerical, administrative, and general office duties, including opening and closing files, entering dockets, accounts/billings
- Compose, transcribe, format, and proofread routine letters and memos
- Save and file all incoming correspondence both electronically and physically
- Calendar management
- Update client contact lists
- Create corporate charts/presentations via PowerPoint
- Research on various databases
- Other tasks as required
- Minimum college Law Clerk/Legal Administration diploma/certificate or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the specified practice area
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in DM (document management system)
- The successful applicant must have a pleasant and welcoming personality, and respond positively to all members of staff
- Must be capable of a high level of accuracy and the ability to prioritize in this deadline-oriented department
- Ability to follow direction and work productively without supervision
- A fast learner demonstrating a quick ability to grasp and apply new procedures and techniques
- Strong ability to adapt to the demands of the job, including new challenges and work environments
If you take pride in the quality of your work, are client-service driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, we invite you to forward your resume, including your salary expectations, to the Manager of Human Resources, Lorisa Merlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be certain to indicate “Tax Legal Assistant” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in Minden Gross LLP; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.
Minden Gross LLP is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We have an immediate opening for a Real Estate Assistant, with 5-10 years’ experience.
Summary of Duties:
As a Real Estate Assistant, you will be responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties supporting one Partner, as a part of a team, dealing with all aspects of commercial real estate projects. This position works 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with frequent overtime.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Must be experienced in commercial real estate, most specifically with: mixed-use developments, land development, industrial facilities, financings, builder sales and condominiums
- Administrative detail with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, calendar management, diarizing closing dates, docketing and billings
- Must have the ability to exercise responsibility for efficient carriage of real estate files from start to finish
- Completion and preparation of legal documents, inclusive of closing documents / Reporting Letters
- Reviewing Purchase and Sale agreements
- Ordering Off-Title Searches
- Requesting Title Searches from our in-house Conveyancer; reviewing the returned package inclusive of checking instruments, etc.
- Preparing and responding to Requisition letters
- Maintaining office files and records in accordance with firm procedures
- Flag and anticipate potential problem issues and communicate these issues to the attention of the Lawyer(s) in charge
- Successful completion of a recognized college-level Legal Assistant/Law Clerk program, or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in the specified practice area
- Must possess the ability to work as part of a team or independently, candidates are required to be excellent communicators with effective problem-solving and analytical skills, must be detail oriented, well organized, and have an exceptional commitment to internal/external client service
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology
- Have exceptional written and communication skills, are organized and meticulous with follow-up and details and is able to take initiative, prioritize and multi-task
- Flexibility to work extended hours, as needed
- Candidates must be fully proficient in:
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Hummingbird Docs DM, or a similar Document Management System
If you take pride in the quality of your work, are client-service driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, we invite you to forward your resume, including your salary expectations, to the Manager of Human Resources, Lorisa Merlin at email@example.com. Please be certain to indicate “Real Estate Assistant - 10 am-6 pm” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Minden Gross LLP; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Minden Gross LLP is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We are always looking for new talent to expand our service to clients.
For lawyer positions, please submit your application to:
The Legal Personnel Committee
Chief Operating Officer
For law student positions, please submit your application to:
The Student Committee
For law clerk, legal, and administrative staff positions, please submit your application to:
Manager of Human Resources