While most franchisor/franchisee relationships work well, especially if the original franchise agreement is properly drafted, disagreements do arise given the complexity and the longevity of the relationships. We generally recommend a negotiated settlement to any dispute and, in particular, the use of mediation. In some cases, there is no option but to resort to franchising litigation to resolve any dispute. In either case we have the ability to ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
- Breach of franchise agreement
- Claims of misrepresentation
- Enforcement of franchise agreements and other business contracts
- Franchise Disputes - lack of promised support or marketing for the franchisee
- Intellectual property issues
- Termination of franchise agreement
- The franchisee selling goods or services outside the franchise or setting up a competing business